I am in a new place - physically, psychologically, emotionally.
Belgaum has taken me back to the Hyderabad that I grew up in more than 30yrs back. The unhurried pace of life, the houses, the trees, the balconies. The weather is quite pleasant and pollution just does not affect you - it's minimal.
Moving away from Mumbai has been physically and mentally energising.
Having quit my corporate life almost 2 yrs back, continuing to be in Mumbai was exhausting. By the time I could wrap my head around the work I wanted to do and the way I wanted to do it, I realised that I would be moving to a new place. So I did not do much to create a niche for myself in Mumbai and thought that once I move to Belgaum I'll start afresh. I finished a few certifications and did a few workshops to equip myself better. I was looking forward to the new life - there was excitement, apprehension, and hope!
Close to 2 yrs on a Whole Food Plant-based lifestyle 90% of the time brings about a gradual shift in your emotional stability and thinking process. I've realised that I've become a calmer person, less stressed compared to earlier and am able to deal with things in a more controlled manner rather than panic.
The conscious shift to a WFPB Lifestyle, the move from a metro to a smaller town and the kind of work I am involved in (helping people with their health issues as a nutritionist and health coach), have brought out a sense of gratefulness and I feel blessed!
Belgaum has taken me back to the Hyderabad that I grew up in more than 30yrs back. The unhurried pace of life, the houses, the trees, the balconies. The weather is quite pleasant and pollution just does not affect you - it's minimal.
Moving away from Mumbai has been physically and mentally energising.
Having quit my corporate life almost 2 yrs back, continuing to be in Mumbai was exhausting. By the time I could wrap my head around the work I wanted to do and the way I wanted to do it, I realised that I would be moving to a new place. So I did not do much to create a niche for myself in Mumbai and thought that once I move to Belgaum I'll start afresh. I finished a few certifications and did a few workshops to equip myself better. I was looking forward to the new life - there was excitement, apprehension, and hope!
Close to 2 yrs on a Whole Food Plant-based lifestyle 90% of the time brings about a gradual shift in your emotional stability and thinking process. I've realised that I've become a calmer person, less stressed compared to earlier and am able to deal with things in a more controlled manner rather than panic.
The conscious shift to a WFPB Lifestyle, the move from a metro to a smaller town and the kind of work I am involved in (helping people with their health issues as a nutritionist and health coach), have brought out a sense of gratefulness and I feel blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment